Post new topic   Reply to topic    l Sedition l Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Loxsas
Veteran

re: How's it goin fellas?

ya hearthstone was boring after 2 days. Got bored and looked through of a few of the apps. You poor bastards, them some fine pickings. Also wtf, not 1 heroic kill yet? IMO Ricky recruits and Del yells at you all.

Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

Hearthstone is kinda meh.  It's like a simplified version of MTG online.  Is there a way you can select a friend and play versus?  If so I would be down to play a few games.

You gonna reactivate your WoW account and transfer to Tich?  Ricky misses you he told me.

Zomg it's a Turles! Hehe got Hearthstone beta so I guess I'm gonna be slumming it on blizzard stuff :)

Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

A few of the old timers are still kicking it.

Hey hey! Just kinda seeing what was up and I found this thread, Black saves the day before bedtime again. Hope everyone is still killin' it.
Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

What's the word honkies?

Ricky and Blackjack are back for flex mode. We are running it starting this Sunday at 8:30 server.

Also Mists expansion is 50% off till Sep 17th so this is a good time to buy!

Haha yeah you know me thats why I have 0 alts.

Arrite Ivaria since I know how much you love leveling I'll go ahead and activate my account while I'm working on the computer situation and you go ahead and get on it and level my druid from 85-90 collecting Boomkin gear along the way.
Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

Yeah a big part of it is what the native resolution of your LCD monitor is as you'll be running the game at this same resolution. For WoW though I would think the Dolphin could run on medium settings at 1920x1080 in 10 man at 50-60 fps.

10 man is way less resource intensive than raiding 25 man. In 25 man you might start to see some serious dips during encounters with lots of adds for example.

Im running off the HD4000 built into the Ivy Bridge processor core, and with WoW on "medium" I never dip so low that I notice. Im also running a 1360x768 resolution though.
BigBlacksters

Was reading over those for a bit earlier the Dolphin set up should def run WoW very well during raids I'm sure right? Like from you guys who are hardcore into it what would you think the avg frame rate would be during a 10 man boss?
xstratax
Initiate

Chaud's picks are decent, but several categories are off, particularly the SSDs and graphics cards.
Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

This dude Chaud on MMO-Champion does a 'setup of the month' where he lists some example builds at different price points.

Check out the June edition:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1305581-Darkmoon-Faire-Cross-Realm-Zone-Blue-Tweets-Setup-of-the-Month-Blizzard-News

Sounds good guys and thanks very much for all the information.

Travis I may just hit you up on that graphics card this coming month is one of those months where the pay periods fall where I will get paid 3 times so I actually should have enough extra cash to go about building a desktop. Going to make my bud that builds them all the time sit down with me soon and go through with me everything I should get and such.

Any recommendations are welcome also though from like the gentleman that just built the PC on which parts you got and such if you might have a list around since it was recent. Not at all familiar with much about pc's at all anymore. Built my original rig yearrss ago but all I have had in the last 10 years or so is laptops so I don't remember really anything except the bare basics.
xstratax
Initiate

I literally just built a PC, and its super easy, and a heck of a lot cheaper than any builder site can be, mine came out $775 ($950 if you get a mid range GPU) and equals $1800 brand name gaming rigs in terms of parts. There are tons of forums that can address any issues you might encounter as well.

Unless you're running HDMI and/or a large resolution monitor, the built in GPUs on the modern Intel Chips and AMD APUs are more than capable of running WoW on Medium with stable frame rates. That's what I'm doing currently, and on decent graphics WoW stays above 15 FPS during LFR, even while I have Net tabs open, Voice Chat going, and the League of Legends client open.

Hope that helps confused
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    l Sedition l Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: