Post new topic   Reply to topic    l Sedition l Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

re: Free transfer

In light of the insane queues this is a serious post for us to consider:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11222852337

Please share your thoughts.

^ my reaction to the news that there is a free transfer to Blackrock

Wow! Blackrock!? If only some amazing Shaman had been there to suggest Blackrock when we first were considering transfers.

Oh, wait.

xstratax
Initiate

Why was it we decided against Blackrock in the first place?

Ill go where we go, so either way doesnt bother me. I do know an awesome guild on Blackrock though, I have a friend in it, theyre 11/14 Heroic right now if Im not mistaken.

Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

PVP is something that some of the raiders really enjoy which I believe is why we picked Tichondrius over Blackrock to begin with.

I honestly just want to be where ever we feel we'll be most successful at pushing PVE progression.  Queue times right now are fucking heinous although they should come down a fair bit after the free transfers.

A few things I have noticed about Blackrock:

• It basically has zero Alliance.  This means I doubt you will ever see World PVP outside of bloody coin nonsense on the Timeless Isle.
  • It is very PVE focused.  There are a million Horde raiding guilds (like 2 alliance out of 60).
  • AH seems a lot less full but someone who plays the economy would be better set to evaluate that than me.
  • Trade chat is pretty slow with almost no PVP spam and some moderate chat and PVE spam (xmog runs, SoO flex & normal PUGs, etc.).

Interested to hear thoughts from others.  I know Gid came from Blackrock so he might have some opinions on why he left in the first place.

I Pass

Gidshots
Initiate

I like Blackrock, only reason I left was because I couldn't find a guild that raided at a time I could. My brother just moved back to blackrock because of the wait time for Tich was bad. I like the realm, and from what I know pvp wasnt horrible there. I would love to move back there.

I like the fact that Black Rock is more PVE and there will be no queues. I am sick and tired of the crap in Trade chat on Yolos and other stupid shit. The other factors on the AH don't really bother me. I want a server that has lots of PVE activity outside of our normal raiding. IE for alts and transmog stuff.

My initial vote is to go as long as it doesn't break up our current raiding group that has been doing well lately.

_Oculus_
Initiate

The queue is the big thing. You can't really organise a raid around a time with that sort of thing happening.

So, it's a yes from me!

xstratax
Initiate

I do agree that if PvE is our focus we should be wherever we will thrive most, afaik PvP is entirely x-realm enabled, where as PvE isnt for the upper tiers (Mythic being the main focus I assume).

What about player quality? Which server will enable us to recruit the best possible people to fill upcoming gaps in the roster?

These are the questions I find myself asking, like I said before I dont care about server as long as we can raid the same or better than ever before.

Ivaria
Officer
Veteran

xstratax wrote:

What about player quality? Which server will enable us to recruit the best possible people to fill upcoming gaps in the roster?

These are the questions I find myself asking, like I said before I dont care about server as long as we can raid the same or better than ever before.

This is really a good point.  How do you think we can best answer this?

Jump to: